Thursday, August 20, 2009

HOW WELL DO YOU SPEAK?

I was just writing this for my college's student association magazine few day ago, so I thought of sharing this here also.

- Your life is in your word, in other words, your word decides your life.

We always hear about the need for proof in order to prove something, well… I couldn’t agree more to this fact. I came across a very interesting book written by Dr. Yonggi Cho who is the pastor of largest church in the world with congregation of 800,000+ and the article is even posted in one of the most exciting online magazine http://www.harvesttimes.com.sg, and I was really inspired by it, so I thought of writing something about it!.

One of the latest evidence based finding in the medical world, specifically in the area of Neuroscience, is that our speech centre rules over all the other nerves, having the total dominion over our body! This is really shocking to me but the fact that Dr. James in the bible 2000 years ago said so in first few chapters of his book! The tongue that is least member of the body can bridle the whole body!

In other words, the power to control and manipulate our body as we want lies within our tongue, and if we gain total control of our body, our way of doing things, success and destiny is not far! Your life is in your word, in other words, your word decides your life. Let me explain this in a very simple example, when you say you are becoming weak, immediately all your nerves will receive the message and say “Oh, lets prepare to become weak, just as the instruction we received from our headquarters!” and so you slowly become weak. When you say “this is too hard for me” “I am so useless!” “I am good for nothing” “Nobody loves me, I am no one” “Oh…I’m too old to do this” “I’m losing my memory…” “This life sucks, I wish I can die” and too much more example that we can think of, that we say it casually on regular basis, but what matters is, what is happening to our body, our mind, our soul after what we say feed all those negativity-charged food to our nerves? Remember, our nerves always do what a nerve would do, following commands and do them, do you want your nerve to make you useless? Making you weak? Old and forgetful? Or perhaps, preparing you to die?

We live in a very beautiful country with many beautiful and various languages, and all of us are united under the “Lah!” language! Does “Die lah!” “Sei lah!” “Gone lah!” “Lose liao lah!” “Tak guna lah!” “No Hope lah!” sounds familiar to any of you? I used to say those lifeless words a lot in the past too, but that is before I realized this fact! I have been working very hard to provide healthy food for my nerve babies now! Try to count for your roommate the total of negative “lah”s each day and show him/her.

Lately Korea is shaken by the continuous suicidal case by Korean actresses, most of them are beautiful, successful actresses, just what that made them choose such a “way out”? I remembered I have read an article about Korean cultures, and one of the negative but yet popular Korean culture is that they love to “die”, they would say “Oh, I’m too full that I’m going to die!” “The weather is so cold that I’m going to die!” “I’m so happy that I’m going to die!” and this culture has been going around Korea for decades and centuries along side with all the wars, famines, and diseases. Can you link this “dying” culture with all Korea’s tragic history? And perhaps the continuous suicidal case of Korean actresses also?

You see, people that are filled with negativity maybe doing well in what they do now, however they are not great, and certainly not great to talk to, I’m sure that none of us like to befriend and chat with a person that “die” every minute he/she speaks, so does other people who do not wish to hear that from us. Just if you saw some people grouped together and feeding each other with negative words, and there is this temptation that comes along asking you to join their “die” community, please stay away from them, because they will rob you of your happiness!!! STAY AWAY from the turkeys if you are an eagle! Remember, garbage in, garbage out!

Life is unjust, unfair, and full of failures. You maybe shouting on top of your lungs to be successful, and yet you still fail, but remember this, the food that you feed your nerve, your mind, your body is healthy, give it sometime and they will for sure not to let you down, besides, without failure, there is no comparison to success. People fail not because they are failures, but because they fail to continue.

Let me ask you this simple question today, in the past few hours, or maybe just yesterday, how many negative words have you fed you nerve and other people’s nerve? Comparing to that, how many words of positivity and encouragement did you actually said out loud and not just telling your heart? Consider what you are feeding your nerves starting from now, and mold your way of speaking your life start from now!

Consider this is for yourself, if you know the next word you gonna talk is die, die, die and die, or any other form of negative word that brings absolutely zero benefit to yourself and others, just keep your mouth shut, it really helps a lot in helping you to try and look at the worst situation in your life at the other angle, because if u cannot think and say something negative, you are bound to try to think positively.

Next time if you hear your friend say “Die lah!”
Please do me a favor, reply him “Live lah!”

No comments:

Post a Comment